Friday 14 January 2011

Books That Make Me Go Ooooooh (1)

Recently I have developed this habit of trawling through Amazon to find new books that I am dying to read, so thought how about blogging about them. I might as well share my book lusting, no point suffering alone. So My First book is..........

Birthmarked By Caragh M O'Brien
Due For Release 28th April 2011
Published In The UK By Simon & Schuster
Amazon Link

"IN THE ENCLAVE, YOUR SCARS SET YOU APART, and the newly born will change the future. In the future, in a world baked dry by the harsh sun, there are those who live inside the walled Enclave and those, like sixteen-year-old Gaia Stone, who live outside. Following in her mother's footsteps Gaia has become a midwife, delivering babies in the world outside the wall and handing a quota over to be "advanced" into the privileged society of the Enclave. Gaia has always believed this is her duty, until the night her mother and father are arrested by the very people they so loyally serve. Now Gaia is forced to question everything she has been taught, but her choice is simple: enter the world of the Enclave to rescue her parents, or die trying. A stunning adventure brought to life by a memorable heroine, this dystopian debut will have readers racing all the way to the dramatic finish"

As soon as I saw the cover to this I was intrigued, I know you shouldn't make judgments from covers, but I bet we all do it - admit it!!!! Anyway I'm so glad it did catch my eye, as I went on the read the synopsis & knew this book is for me. It sounds just as amazing as it looks & I cannot wait to get my mitts on it

5 comments:

  1. Sounds really good, think I may have to read it after my current book.
    Thankyou for your past recommendations, all have been read and enjoyed by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds amazing right!! We have a little wait for it though :( Should be out in April

    ReplyDelete
  3. that book is deffo making me go oooooooh

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is my first time hearing about this book and it sounds superrr good! i'll definitely be on the look out for it! thanks for sharing :)

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm literally so eager to read this. Think I may be pre-ordering it soon, just so I know I'll have it!!

    ReplyDelete