Wednesday 17 October 2012

Books That Make Me Go Oooooh (55) Infinite Sky By C.J. Flood

Waiting On Wednesday is a brilliant book blog feature hosted by Breaking The Spine        

Infinite Sky By C.J. Flood
Published In The UK By Simon And Schuster
Due For Release February 2013
Amazon LINK
Goodreads LINK

"Iris Dancy’s free-spirited mum has left for Tunisia, her dad’s rarely sober and her brother’s determined to fight anyone with a pair of fists.

When a family of travellers move into the overgrown paddock overnight, her dad looks set to finally lose it. Gypsies are parasites he says, but Iris is intrigued. As her dad plans to evict the travelling family, Iris makes friends with their teenage son. Trick Deran is a bare knuckle boxer who says he’s done with fighting, but is he telling the truth?

When tools go missing from the shed, the travellers are the first suspects. Iris’s brother, Sam, warns her to stay away from Trick; he’s dangerous, but Iris can no longer blindly follow her brother’s advice. He’s got secrets of his own, and she’s not sure he can be trusted himself.

Infinite Sky is a family story about betrayal and loyalty, and love."
taken from Goodreads


I have to say this is not one of my usual reads that I'm drawn to, but this one just has that something about it.  This totally has a Romeo & Juliet sound to me, but with a completely contemporary twist to it.  I'm really interested to see how it pans out!!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this, and the cover is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't agree more, I love the R&J feel to this book ;) And the cover is really something!

    Here's my WoW.

    New follower, would love to see you at my blog some time too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so LOVE the cover of this book. And it sounds really good too. Can't wait to start reading :)

    ReplyDelete